Kathu Mining Museum, opened in August 2009, is a very informative cultural and historical attraction in Phuket. A visit with a guide (or someone who has some knowledge about Phuket history) is recommended as, for now, most of the signs and descriptions are only available in Thai.
The museum offers inside and outside exhibitions:
- understanding the begining of the world (with formation of minerals and animal evolution)
- Phuket’s people way of life during Tin mines era (approx. 200 years ago)
- various Tin mining processes
- demonstration of smeltery, and products made out of brut Tin
- journey of Chinese merchants
- reconstructed Kathu village during Tin mines era (shops, Chinese opera, Opium den, …)
- walk in the mine’s landscapes
Kathu Mining Museum is located on the road between Loch Palm Golf Club and British Curriculum. You can’t miss the entrance: a Sino-Portugese shaped double arch in the middle of nowhere (hills and jungle all around).
Open from 08.00 to 16.00 – Closed on Sunday
|Moo 5, Kathu-Koh Kaew Road, Kathu, Phuket 83000|
|Mon-Sat 08:00 am. to 04:00 pm.|
|+66 (0)86 470 7767|
|May 22, 2013|
Found excellent service with vets who speak good English and have the correct implements for the job
One of the best spas in Phuket Town. Atmosphere at the lobby was quite calming, especially the lemon
There are plenty of choices in between to match your needs, including glasses, dishes, dinnerware, e
It is a wonderful place for relaxing after hard work. There are good live music , good foods and fri
If you did like to stay updated with all our latest news please enter your e-mail address here.
Our comprehensive business directory gives your customers all they need. Who you are, what you sell, where you are, when you open and how to contact you. All your information is there in a nice, clean, clear and friendly fashion.