Living Guide for Phuket Thailand – Phuket.Net

Thailand Dependent Visa

Non-Immigrant “O” Visa are issued to dependents of non-immigrant visa holders working for government associated agencies and non-profit or public organisations including retired persons or persons who originally held Thai citizenship, medical treatment and sports training according to government demands, or as witnesses or defendants in lawsuits.

Foreigners with a Thai Spouse

Foreigners with a Thai spouse who are able to show proof of marriage can obtain an initial 90 day Non-Immigrant “O” Visa, which can be extended in Thailand for one year at a time.

1) Required documents

  • An application form TM.7
  • A copy of an original passport or substitute document.
  • One 4 x 6 cm photo.
  • Marriage certificate or its equivalents.
  • Birth certificate (if any) and current original medical certificate (30-50 baht at any Thai clinic).
  • Evidence to identify that the supporter or the person being supported has Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand.
  • If an applicant is the supporter, he/she must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, a work permit and tax receipts. Applying for an extension for foreigners who support or are being supported by a spouse with Thai nationality or who has residence in Thailand.

2) Validity of Visa

This visa is valid for a period of 90 days.

3) Extension of stay

A Non Immigrant “O” Visa can be extended for a maximum one year at a time in Thailand provided the financial quota is met (for supporters of Thai national) and/or the mandatory documents i.e. employer information and work permit (for non-Thai dependents of non immigrant visa holders) are in place.

4) Visa fee

2,000 Baht

5) Where to apply

Foreigners must apply for a Non-Immigrant “O” Visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering Thailand.


Minimum 10 words. Please read our reviews policy.