Buses in Phuket
There are a few modern air-conditioned buses that operate along routes in Phuket City but do not go to other parts of the island. The fare is fixed at 10 baht. There are designated bus stops, but you are able to flag them down along the route as well. You can also get off anywhere by pressing the buzzer.
Bus #1: Route runs between Big C Department Store and Archeewa College, via Bangkok Road, Phuket Bus Terminal, and Phuket Road.
Bus #2: Route runs between Rajabhat University and Lamchan Health Centre, via Supercheap Department Store, Phuket Provincial Prison, Phuket Bus Terminal, and Central Market.
To get between Phuket City and the beaches, the blue beach buses, or song-thaews, are the cheapest option. Their destination is usually displayed in English on the side. As there are no actual bus stops you will need to flag one down in the middle of the street. When you want to get off, press the buzzer.
You can catch a song-thaew from Phuket City near the fresh market on Ranong road. Main destinations include Patong, Chalong, Kamala, Kata, Karon, Makham Bay, Nai Harn, Nai Yang, Rawai, Surin and Thalang. Buses leave approximately every 30mins, although this may vary considerably. Drivers tend to wait until they have enough passengers to make the trip worthwhile. Fares start at 15 baht. Song-thaews run from 6am to 6pm, seven days a week.
In Patong, the best place to flag one down is near the Tourist Police Box on Patong Beach road (Thaweewong rd.), at the end of Bangla road. At the southern end of Patong, another popular place to catch a songthaew is opposite the Patong Merlin hotel, at the end of Prachnukhro road. A trip between Patong and Phuket City should cost around 15-20 baht.
If you are staying in other parts of the island, ask your hotel reception where you can flag one down.
Airport bus runs daily to and from Phuket International Airport. A bus leaves at 1 to 1.30 hour intervals. See below for timetables, route stops and fares of Airport to City and City to Airport bus service.
Route Guide, City – Airport:
- A bus departs from Phuket Bus Terminal into Phang-Nga Road passing the Provincial Hall and turns left and goes straight ahead on Thungkha and then Maeluan Road to the crossroad by Central Festival Phuket. The first Stop is Phanthep Condotown.
- After Phanthep Condo Town, the bus runs through Shopping Centre Compound where Central Festival Phuket, Big C and Lotus are located using Bypass Road and will stop at Gem Gallery.
- After Bypass Road and entering the Thepkasattri Road on the left, the bus heads towards Koh Kaew and stops at Baan Koo School, stops again at Tarua School and then at the Heroine Monument.
- The bus runs through Srisunthorn Community, Thalang Museum and stops at the Public Housing Authority Office, and then stops at Thalang Post Office, and at Thalang District Office and another stop at Nganthawee Rubber Factory.
- The bus enters the road to the airport passing Pearl Village Hotel and stops at 999 Minimart.
- After passing the Aviation Radio Centre, Airport Gas Station, Thai Airs Offices, and last stops at Phuket International Airport Terminal.
Airport Bus Fare Table (Baht):
For more information visit www.airportbusphuket.com
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you did like to stay updated with all our latest news please enter your e-mail address here.
Whatever you do, wherever you are, we make sure customers find you
Our comprehensive business directory gives your customers all they need. Who you are, what you sell, where you are, when you open and how to contact you. All your information is there in a nice, clean, clear and friendly fashion.